December 26, 2022:
Notice is hereby given that the Chattanooga-Hamilton County Air Pollution Control Bureau (Bureau) is revising and updating the Air Pollution Control Ordinance and Regulations for Hamilton County, Tennessee, and all included municipalities which will include revisions to the Hamilton County portion of the Tennessee State Implementation Plan (“SIP”) for the attainment and maintenance of air quality. The matters being considered consist of:
· adopting 40 CFR Part 60 New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) by reference as of July 01, 2021
· adopting 40 CFR Part 61 and 63 National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) standards by reference as of July 01, 2021
· updated and added some definitions
· added three (3) chemicals to be excluded in the volatile organic compounds (VOC) definition
· updated the chemicals that have National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) standards
· corrected grammatical errors
· updated stack testing information
· added electronic notice (e-notice) requirements
· updated asbestos regulations
· updated burning rules (to be consistent w/ TN Dept. of Forestry Division regulation)
· updated landfill rules
– updated 99 sections
Materials concerning the above matter will be available for public review between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. EST, weekdays (Monday through Friday) during normal business hours at the Hamilton County Clerk’s office, 625 Georgia Avenue, Room 201, Chattanooga, TN 37402, beginning on Monday, December 26, 2022. Also, a copy of the ordinance revision will be posted on the County Clerk’s website: https://countyclerkanytime.com/. The materials will also be available on the Bureau website at apcb.org.
The Bureau will hold a public hearing on Friday, February 3, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. EST at the Chattanooga-Hamilton County Air Pollution Control Bureau’s office, located at 6125 Preservation Drive, Suite #140 Chattanooga, TN 37416-3740. The hearing is open to the public. Any person desiring to present comments should be prepared to offer a written statement to be incorporated into the hearing record. Written statements not presented at the hearing may only be considered part of the record if delivered to the office of the Bureau Executive Director by 4:30 p.m. EST, Friday, January 30, 2023, at 6125 Preservation Drive, Suite# 140, Chattanooga, TN 37416-3740.