Administrative Support Assistant 2:
This position is a temporary position that could become a fulltime position in the summer of 2024. The person in this position should be able to commit to working through May 1, 2024.
- $15.00 per hour
- Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday (30 minute unpaid lunch)
- Person should be able to commit through May 1, 2024
Summary of duties
The person in this position is the first point of contact for customers. They are responsible for assisting the public, employees, and/or customers with administrative activities both in person and by phone. Duties include answering the telephone, helping customers with permits, handling money, entering information into databases, maintaining files, and other activities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Must have excellent speaking and telephone skills
- Excellent people skills, previous customer service experience a plus
- Team player
- Knowledge of Google Suites, including Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Excellent filing skills
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent time-management skills
- Knowledge of modern office procedures
- Knowledge of modern office equipment
- Skill in handling money
- Skill in handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Need to be able to review information for accuracy
- Able to interact with coworkers, supervisors, the general public, etc. in order to exchange or convey information and receive work direction
- Eager to learn new skills