The following rules are also provided on the back of the burning permits issued by the Bureau.
1. The applicant hereby agrees to burn only vegetation and clean, raw, untreated, non-manufactured wood materials on approved burning days only.
2. Burning is only allowed in the months of October, November, December, January, February, March, and April subject to the following conditions.
3. Each day before you burn call 423.643.5971 after 8:30 a.m. or go online to www.apcb.org to determine the burning status.
4. Contact your local fire department each day prior to burning.
5. Only burn if conditions are favorable to burn without creating a nuisance from smoke and ash.
6. Burn piles shall not be larger than 12' x 12' x 12'.
7. Do not burn paper, cardboard, OSB, plywood, engineered products, vinyl siding, insulation, treated or painted wood, PVC pipes, tires, stumps, roofing materials, sheet rock, plastics, household garbage, or any other obviously polluting material.
8. Burning is allowed between the following hours on approved burning days. The fire shall be completely extinguished by the termination times. No smoldering is allowed after the termination times. Do not used dirt to try to extinguish the fire. (See permit for hours)
9. The burning shall be attended at all times and the permit must be at the burn site and readily available for inspection.
10. Permit valid for materials removed/generated from the burn site address. No materials from off-site can be burned.
11. This permit can be suspended or revoked at any time by the Director.
12. From October 15 through April 30th, a Forestry Permit must be obtained in addition to this permit from the Tennessee Division of Forestry for any burning within 500 feet from forests, woodlands or grasslands within the unincorporated areas of Hamilton County. A Forestry Permit can be obtained free of charge by calling 423.332.3228 (West of the Tennessee River) or 423.478.0337 (East of the Tennessee River). Forestry permits for Saturday and/or Sunday will be issued by Forestry on Friday, or can be obtained online at www.burnsafetn.org.
WARNING: Non-compliance with any of the above conditions could result in civil penalties up to $25,000 per day.